Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I wish I was young and talented!

I have a 16 year old son named Simon. He is a very accomplished guitarist and I have to admit that his guitar skills overtook mine a few years ago. Simon is lucky enough to attend a school that actively encourages creativity in music, dance, drama and film. I firmly believe that this is a fabulous thing as it encourages the students to explore their creative side rather than wholly focus on the standard academic pursuits of Maths, Science and English.

Simon has a friend at school named Matt McGuire who, as well as being an accomplished musician, also excels in movie making. Below are a couple of films that this boy made recently. If you take the time to watch these films, keep in mind that they were made by a 15 year old teenager. I am astounded at the concepts and the technical quality of these examples. We need to consider that the production resources required to create this kind of film 20 years ago were simply not available to everyone but now all that is needed is a video camera, a computer and an imagination. That aside, this lad is destined to be a future Baz Luhrmann.

Bus Trip


Kon

No comments: