Friday, October 17, 2008

Web 2.0 - In Plain English

Wiki's, Blogs, RSS, Social Media, Social Bookmarking the list of terms seems never ending and though Web 2.0 has been bantered around for some time now there are still many people who nod and smile knowingly without really having a grasp on what is being discussed. As my partner often points out "not everyone has a job that allows them to spend each working day in front of a computer connected to the Internet".

There was a time not so long ago when I had to find out what these things were and that's when I came across CommonCraft. These guys make short clever animations that explain lots of the Web 2.0 tools and concepts in a way that is both entertaining and informative.

I have used these short videos numerous times in the past as they are an excellent way to pass on the idea of these newer technologies to people not experienced in the internet world.

I have included below two of the videos. The first is an oldie but one of my favorites explaining Wiki's and the other is a newer video explaining Web Search Strategies. Check out the CommonCraft web site for others. Well worth it.



No comments: